Team NutritionInformation about the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Team Nutrition (TN) Initiative that provides nutrition education materials created for children in the Child Nutrition Programs (CNP).
The TN Initiative supports national efforts to promote lifelong healthy food choices and physical activity by improving the practices in the CNP. TN provides free, quality nutrition education materials to teachers, parents, and operators of the CNP. California became the first TN state partner on August 31, 1995.
- Originator of Resources: The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- User of Resources: CNP operators, teachers, and parents
- Audience: Preschool, elementary, and secondary school-age children
- Cost: All online resources can be downloaded for free, CNP operators can order the printed version of resources for free
- Languages Offered: All resources are in English, many resources are available in Spanish, and one resource is offered in Chinese and French
- Date updated: February 2019
To learn more about the TN initiative, visit the USDA Team Nutrition web site .
- To become a TN school, fill out the USDA online Add a Team Nutrition School Form .
- To become a Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) TN School, fill out the USDA online Add a Team Nutrition CACFP Organization form .
- To order TN resources for schools or the CACFP, fill out the USDA’s online Resource Order Form .
For tecnical assistance, contact the USDA TN staff by email at TeamNutrition@fns.usda.gov.
If you have other questions, please contact Jennifer Kuo, Nutrition Education Assistant, by phone at 916-322-9943 or by email at email@example.com or Desiree Rojo, Child Nutrition Consultant, by phone at 916-323-0213 or by email at