CARS Data ManagementThis page contains data management information related to the Consolidated Application.
Below are key local educational agency (LEA) requirements related to the Consolidated Application (ConApp):
- LEAs shall keep a printed, signed version of the Application for Funding at their site and be prepared to show it when requested by state personnel.
- The LEAs shall maintain three years of supporting records and documentation related to funding activities after the final year those funds are expended.
CARS Data Management
- The California Department of Education (CDE) will only use data that is official (i.e., data that the LEA has submitted and certified).
- Once an LEA has submitted certified data for a data collection and the final deadline has passed, the LEA will no longer be allowed to revise the data within the Consolidated Application and Reporting System (CARS). See the Revisions section on the CARS Frequently Asked Questions web page for exceptions that allow for the reopening of data collections.
- Draft data (saved uncertified data) will not be visible to CDE program staff or the public except as follows:
- CARS service desk staff will be provided access in order to allow them to troubleshoot issues.
- The LEA authorizes read only access to a CDE program staff person.
- Only LEAs can modify their data. CDE staff should not, under any circumstances, modify an LEA’s data.
Questions: ConApp Support Desk | email@example.com | 916-319-0297
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, May 15, 2019