Webinar: Tuesdays at 2 School Nutrition Town Hall
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall is scheduled for November 15, 2022, at 2 p.m.
The Town Hall will feature state updates, district spotlights, and the following guest speaker:
- Nick Dramis, Supervisor of Culinary Operations, Marysville Joint Unified School District (USD) (enrollment 11,023)
Finally, please scroll to the end of this communication for the resource links shared during the October 2022 Town Hall.
The Tuesday @ 2 Virtual Town Hall events typically occur each month on the fourth Tuesday, unless otherwise noted. The Town Halls provide an opportunity for schools to learn about policy guidance, program requirements and best practices for operating their programs during School Year 2022–23.
The desired audience includes all state and local school nutrition professionals, superintendents, school business officials, and community partners involved in school meal service.
Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall
Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Registration and Cost
This town hall is free to attend. Register in advance for this webinar.
After registering, you will see a screen that says Webinar Registration Approved with a link to the webinar. You will also receive several emails with the information about joining the webinar. First, you will receive confirmation the day you register and then you will receive two reminder emails: one day and one hour prior to the webinar. If for some reason you cannot find the email confirmation, or do not receive the reminders, you can always reregister.
Tip for Attendees
To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Zoom.
- Visit the Zoom test link.
- If you experience issues, visit the Zoom Help Center web page for assistance.
If for some reason you receive an error message that the host has declined your webinar registration, try using an alternate email address. While not ideal, you may also join by phone if you have technical issues logging in from your computer.
- Program Management (3200)
- Manage staff work including scheduling (3210)
Pursuant to state and federal statutes, individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in the Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall. Please note that Live Captioning will be available during the webinar.
Town Hall Webinar PowerPoint
The town hall PowerPoint slides will be posted to the California Department of Education (CDE) website on the CDE COVID-19 Guidance in the Child Nutrition Programs web page under the Webinars tab.
Town Hall Links Provided in October
The following links were shared in the chat during the recent town hall:
- You can look up your assigned School Nutrition Program analyst on the CDE web page.
- Learn more about California Crunch Week on the Community Alliance with Family Farmers Crunch It Munch It web page .
- Learn more about Conscious Kitchen and Project Salad on their website .
- Check out the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) School Meals Trays, Many Ways website .
- Learn more about the Upland USD their Team Nutrition grant and Farm to School efforts on Instagram .
- Visit CDE’s Farm To Summer Celebration Week webpage at Farm to Summer Celebration Week - Healthy Eating & Nutrition Education.
- If an excess is indicated, please send a copy of the Net Cash Resource (NCR) Calculator Form SNP-57 and the corresponding financial report (i.e., Unaudited Actuals) to NSD by email at SNPBA@cde.ca.gov.
- Information about the NCR limit and budget agreements can be found on the Cafeteria Fund Guidance web page at, tab NCR.
- For helpful resources in completing the verification process, such as the Verification Process training video, please visit the CDE Verification Materials web page.
- USDA Eligibility Manual for School Meals on the USDA 2017 Edition of the Eligibility Manual for School Meals web page .
- For additional details on how to determine your sample size, visit the CDE Sample Size for Annual Verification web page.
- Learn more about verification for cause on the CDE Verification for Cause in the School Meals Program web page.
- For details on how to complete the verification report (VR) in the CNIPS visit the CDE Verification Reporting web page.
- If you have any questions regarding Net Cash Resources, Budget Agreement Updates and the Verification process, please contact NSD staff by email at SNPBA@cde.ca.gov.
- For more information on the NSD Management Bulletin SNP-04-2021 Pricing Adult Meals in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
- For more information on the Fiscal Year 2023 Farm to School grant check out the USDA Grants Opportunity web page .
- Check out the 2022 National School Lunch Program (NSLP) Equipment Assistance Grant listserv on the NSD What’s New Web Page .
- Email your signed Permanent Single Agreement (PSA) to the NSDPSA@cde.ca.gov email box.
- For more information on PSA view the CDE listserv.
- Sign up to receive the latest SNP listservs on the CDE, NSD SNP Mailing List web page.
- Access the new Whole Grain Resource for the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs (PDF) on the USDA Resources web page.
If you have any questions regarding this subject, please email NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov.