Webinar: Tuesdays at 2 School Nutrition Town Hall
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Main Web Page
On March 28, 2023, at 2 p.m. the Nutrition Services Division (NSD) continues the discussion, policy guidance, and sharing of best practices for operating School Nutrition Programs (SNP) during School Year 2022–23.
By 10 a.m. the day of the town hall, the webinar slides will be available for download by school food authorities on the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS) web page ; select Applications and Download Forms.As follow up to February’s Town Hall meeting, please scroll to the end of this communication for the resource links that were shared.
The Tuesday @ 2 Virtual Town Hall events typically occur each month on the fourth Tuesday, unless otherwise noted. The Town Halls provide an opportunity for schools to learn about policy guidance, program requirements and best practices for operating their programs during School Year (SY) 2022–23.The desired audience includes all state and local school nutrition professionals, superintendents, school business officials, and community partners involved in school meal service.
Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Registration and Cost
This town hall is free to attend. Register in advance for this webinar.
After registering, you will see a screen that says Webinar Registration Approved with a link to the webinar. You will also receive several emails with information about joining the webinar. First, you will receive confirmation the day you register and then you will receive two reminder emails: one day and one hour prior to the webinar. If for some reason you cannot find the email confirmation, or do not receive the reminders, you can always reregister.
Tip for Attendees
To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it is ready to use Zoom.
- Visit the Zoom test link.
- If you experience issues, visit the Zoom Help Center web page for assistance.
If for some reason you receive an error message that the host has declined your webinar registration, try using an alternate email address. While not ideal, you may also join by phone if you have technical issues logging in from your computer.
- Program Management (3200)
- Manage staff work including scheduling (3210)
Pursuant to state and federal statutes, individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in the Tuesday @ 2 School Nutrition Town Hall. Please note that Live Captioning will be available during the webinar.
Town Hall Webinar PowerPoint
The town hall PowerPoint slides will be posted to the California Department of Education (CDE) website on the CDE COVID-19 Guidance in the Child Nutrition Programs web page under the Webinars tab.
Town Hall Links Provided in February
The following links were shared in the chat during the recent town hall:
- You can look up your assigned SNP analyst on the CDE web page.
- Access the Tuesday at 2 School Nutrition Town Hall slides on the CNIPS web page , select Applications and Download Forms.
- Send comments regarding the 2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to the Advisory Committee on the Regulations.gov web site and click on the “Comment” box or search HHS-OASH-2022-0021-0001, the Docket number for the Federal Register notice.
- Send comments regarding the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Proposed Rule on the Regulations.gov web page or by mail to School Meals Policy Division, Food and Nutrition Service, P.O. Box 9233, Reston, Virginia, 20195.
- The complete proposed rule is available on the Federal Register: Child Nutrition Programs: Revisions to Meal Patterns Consistent With the 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans web page .
- Access the following USDA Proposed Rule Resources on the USDA website:
- School Meals Standards Comparison Chart
- Proposed Implementation Timeline for Updating School Meal Standards Infographic
- Proposed Rule for School Meal Standards Infographic
- Send your Universal Meals Program (UMP) Guidelines comments via email to UMP staff at UMPComment@cde.ca.gov.
- Sign up to receive the latest SNP listservs on the CDE NSD SNP Mailing List web page.
- Visit the Nutrition What’s New web page funding tab on the CDE NSD website.
- Check out the new Local Food for Schools web page on the CDE NSD website.
- For more information on the Request for Applications for the 2023–2024 School Breakfast Program and Summer Start up and Expansion Grants visit the CDE NSD web page.
- For questions about School Food Best Practices (SFBP) funding contact the SFBP Team by email at SFBP@cde.ca.gov.
- Visit the new SFBP web page on the CDE NSD website.
- Email your KIT Funds questions, to the KIT Funds team at KITFunds@cde.ca.gov.
- For more information on the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) Application visit the FFVP Application web page.
- Questions regarding FFVP, please contact the CDE FFVP team by email at FFVP@cde.ca.gov.
- For more information about the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), visit our CDE Summer Meals webpage.
- To determine if the summer food service site is in a rural area visit the USDA Rural Designation website .
- For more information on eligibility determinations, visit the CDE NSD web site Management Bulletin CNP-04-2015 Area Eligibility in Child Nutrition Programs.
- For more information about Expanded Learning, please visit the CDE Expanded Learning FAQ web page on the CDE NSD website.
- Share your celebration photos with CDE! Email your photos to NSD Town Hall staff at NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov.
- To review SFSP policy and regulations view the CDE Summer Food Management Bulletin webpage.
- Sign up to receive the latest SNP listservs on the CDE NSD web page.
- Visit the new CDE NSD Food Service Staff and Training web page.
- Register for the 2023 Taste of CA Standardization Workshops on the CNIPS Training Registration webpage .
- For additional information or assistance on the Taste of CA Standardization Workshops please contact the CDE Taste of CA Challenge team at CArecipes@cde.ca.gov.
- Review the Severe Need and 2 Cent Reimbursement in SY 2023-24 listserv on the CDE NSD website.
- Read about Mount Diablo Unified School District in the Associated Press article No more Nuggets? School Lunch Goes Farm-to-Table for Some
- Access the new USDA Celebrating School Breakfast infographics and social media messages .
- Check out the new Team Nutrition Discover My Plate: Nutrition Education for Kindergarten resources on the USDA web site.
- Learn how to get a state job, visit the Jobs at CDE web page.
If you have any questions regarding this subject, please email NSDTownHalls@cde.ca.gov.